My background in both radio and television has allowed me the opportunity to serve in many areas of our community. Working as the Community Affairs Director for almost every radio station I’ve ever been with has allowed me to see firsthand how much impact regular people all over this world.
When I began putting together this “partial” list of non-profit organizations I have worked with, served on the board of, helped out, interviewed on my radio show, or served as Master of Ceremonies of, I could not even begin to list them all.
The photo to the left is me with the orphans at the Three Angels Children’s Relief in Port Au Prince, Haiti. In the beginning, the Three Angles “Angel House” cared for seven infants. Over the years, the capacity of Angel House has risen to up to 44 infants and young children. Many of the babies abandoned to Angel House lost their parents or had mothers that were too malnourished themselves to even breastfeed. Some were brought by neighbors or grandparents when parents had perished. Some of the children were even found in the trash, close to death. Most of the babies are now growing and developing into healthy young children.
Most recently my charity work has taken me to places far, far away. In the past year alone I’ve traveled to Burkina Faso, Africa to make a film about the desperate need for clean drinking water and to an Aids Clinic in Nigeria and to the Holy Land in Israel including a a documentary about a shelter for abused women. I am working on these three documentaries about my experiences in each of those parts of the world. Using the talents given to me to help those in need is in and has always been in my blood. The following non-profit organizations are but a few of the many that I have volunteered for.
- Project Cuddle
“A Celebration of Life” Masquerade & Monte Carlo Night • October 26, 2001 • Wyndham Hotel, Costa Mesa • Emcee
“Some Enchanted Evening” Costume Gala Honoring John Schneider • October 25, 2003 • Emcee
“Back to the 50′s” Costume Gala • October 23, 2004 • Wyndham Hotel, Costa Mesa • Emcee & co-host with Bob Saget
- Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum
- Boys & Girls Club of the Santa Clarita Valley, Festival of the Trees, 2009, 2010 • Gala Emcee
- American Cancer Society – “Take a Chance with the Stars” • October 17, 1998
- John Wayne Cancer Society • Emcee
- Big Brothers – “Mentoring Kids Counts”
- Toys for Tots
- The McKinley Children’s Center
- The Tees Brothers Golf Tournament • Emcee
- YWCA Domestic Violence Program
- Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center
- Latin Heat – “Que Linda Fundraiser” • Riviera Club • July 2, 1998 • Emcee
- Positive Vibrations
- Revlon Run/Walk – “Walk Against Breast Cancer”
- Race for Life 5K Run/Walk • Emcee
- Women Infants Children / WIC
- Puente Learning Center
- California Conservation Corps.
- Read California
- World Aids Day
- California Anti-Smoking Campaign
- Humane Borders
- Project Lean
- Yes to Jobs
- Schools 2 Career
- The Torch Foundation
- Sojourn Battered Women’s Shelter
- Three Angels Children’s Relief, Haiti
- Los Angeles Women’s Theater Festival • Tiffany Theater, March 20-24, 2002 • Emcee
- Hands On, Santa Clarita • Make A Difference Day Volunteer • October 23, 2010 at Rio Vista Elementary School, Santa Clarita, CA